NEUROBIOLOGY & ANATOMY REGULATORY COMPLIANCE AND LABORATORY SAFETY
This page is to help all of us conform to the continually updated and changing university regulations. In addition, contact information and procedures on how to get things done are included.
- IACUC Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- UBSC University Biosafety Committee
- IRB Institutional Review Board
- Right to Know Guidelines
- Research Conduct Policy
Jonathan M. Chase, Executive Director, Department of Environmental Health and Safety, 215.895.5891
• All lab personnel must complete Lab Safety Training annually
• Drexel's Chemical Hygiene Plan (to comply with OSHA's Health and Safety Standards)
• University Lab Safety Manual
• University Material Safety Data Sheets
• Hazardous Material Identification Guide The NFPA Fire Diamond
Getting Things Done
Sharps and biohazard removal is performed weekly by the University. Sharps containers and Biohazard boxes are available FREE from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.
Biosafety cabinets and chemical fume hoods need to be calibrated yearly. The Department of Environmental Health and Safety schedules these services.
Something broken? Hoods down? No DI? Need light bulbs? Housekeeping issues?
Contact Facility Managment 215.991.8500